



Here are some pictures of Jett today before I got home. Pops got him dressed today and even though his little Adidas shorts are size 6 months he couldn't wait to put him in them! LOL
Here is an update from the beginning of our whole ordeal: After I had Jett two weeks ago I started getting kind of queasy and then started vomiting, a week after he was born I ended up going to the doctor's office again because I was vomiting so much and beginning to dehydrate. They gave me an antibiotic and some meds to hopefully help with the vomiting and sent me home. That night we ended up in the ER and they did a CAT Scan on me and found I had a kidney infection. So they gave me more meds and sent us home. I was in bed most of Wed & Thursday again, Thursday I started vomiting again and running a low grade fever, called the doc and his nurse told me to give it another 24 hours. So I called back Friday morning (after throwing up all night Thursday) and they wanted to just change my meds instead of seeing me...I told them NO I wanted an appt. So I got in to see him Friday and as soon as he saw me he told me he was admitting me to the hospital for dehydration. So I was in the hospital all last weekend and got discharged on Easter Sunday. I went home and within a few hours started getting sick again. I called the doc back and he scheduled a sono for Monday morning. At the sono they found out that I still had left over placenta and blood clots from Jett's birth left in my uterus so they scheduled a D&C for Tuesday morning. I went and did that and they said it went really well. By Tuesday evening I was in extreme pain and ended up passing out at home. I ended up being transported to the ER via ambulance because I couldn't stand, walk, etc. Kevin couldn't get me to the car and was afraid I would pass out again. My blood pressure was below 90/50 and the EMT started an IV on me while I was still laying in my bed. When we got to the hospital ER they started the battery of tests on me again, they did x-rays, CAT Scan, Sono, etc. Turns out that after the D&C Tuesday things didn't go as well as expected, and I ended up having a blood clot the size of a 20 week old fetus in my uterus. They did an emergency D&C again Wednesday morning to remove the clot. They admitted me to the hospital again and I was there until this afternoon. Here is a picture from yesterday morning when Kevin and Rita brought Jett to the hospital to see me.

I had two blood transfusions while I was in the hospital and they debated on a third before they sent me home but decided against it. I have to go in to the doc on Monday to get my blood redrawn to test my hemoglobin levels again to make sure I'm not bleeding internally again. I'm ready for this nightmare to be over!!!! The final answer I received on what happened to me during the past two and half weeks was that I had a "boggy" uterus and after delivery my uterus was contracting but there were clots and placenta left behind so it was trying to contract around that and it wasn't working, that is when I had the first D&C. After the first D&C I had a uterine infection which prevented my uterus from contracting correctly so the blood vessels remained open and bleeding causing the blood clot and the reason for the second D&C. The doctor's seem to think that everything is fine now though.
We didn't have Jessica come to the hospital to see me since I was hooked up to the IV and in the bed and all in all not looking all that great. When I came home from the first hospital stay I had a huge bruise on my arm and she was very concerned about that and would often come to check on me to see if my arm hurt or if I was doing okay. We didn't want to scare her anymore so we decided to not have her visit during my second stay.
I have to thank my wonderful husband for everything he has done in the past 2 1/2 weeks (and MUCH longer than that!). I couldn't imagine a better husband and our kids couldn't find a better Pops anywhere. He is such a wonderful man and has taken such good care of all of us for the past few weeks! Thank you babe, I'm so happy to be home again!
Thank you also to my mom and Kevin's mom and dad for everything they have done as well! My mom came to visit the week after Jett was born and unfortunately I was so sick and barely got out of bed the entire time she was here. I don't have a single picture of her with either of the kids-it broke my heart to have her leave when I barely saw her, I'm very thankful she was here though with as sick as I was!



4 comments:
I'm so glad that you're home, Jenn. I was really concerned about you!! I hope that everything is fine now and that you're feeling good. Love the new pics! Too cute!
This is one scary ordeal Jenn! I am so glad things are getting better! Welcome home and enjoy that baby, he is so handsome!
Jenn! So glad you're home...wow, what a crazy time...enjoy Jett!!!
Wow! That is some story. I am so sorry for all that you had to go through. Kevin is so great! You have a great guy and a darling family.
Post a Comment