Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jessica update

Well I'm not deliriously exhausted like I was when I was trying to post last night, so hopefully this will be a little easier! LOL

We both crashed early last night. She slept really well and barely woke in the night when I had to give her medicine. About 2:30 when I checked on her she was sweating and her pillow and hair were all wet. I was excited thinking that meant that her fever had broken and she might be finished with it today. So we got up this morning and she has been telling me she is feeling fine and she's not going to be sick anymore (I think she is willing this darn illness away cause she's tired of the doctor!). So she ate a healthy breakfast and lunch and has been up playing and cleaning her room and doing art projects. About 12:30, after we finished lunch, I checked her temp again and unfortunately it was starting to rise again. It was 99.9. This is the same pattern the fever took yesterday and ended up at 104.4 in the afternoon. I gave her Tylenol and I just checked it again a few minutes ago and it was going back down and at 99.1. We have an appointment this afternoon at 3:00 to see the doctor so we'll see if we are able to find out anything new then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that they find out what is going on with Jessica soon. The poor girl. Keep us updated. She's in our thoughts and prayers.